“El Movimiento Peruanos Sin Agua” is an association of entrepreneurs committed to meeting the Millennium Development Goals of the UN related to the topic of drinking water, basic sanitation and environment through participatory projects in suburban areas and aims to guide efforts ruralesque National solidarity for solutions for the adequate supply of safe water and basic sanitation to the people of the slums .
Access to clean water is a right and an obligation of governments to serve you. For a basic principle of justice and dignity.
SITUATION IN LIMA Y CALLAO
• Annual demand is estimated at 700 M of M3 .
• Current Stock does not exceed 330 M3 add to this the loss of 40 % of non-revenue water .
• SEDAPAL own 43 of the 49 districts , 4 are run by municipalities and 2 partial administration .
• It is estimated that the deficit in coverage over a million and a half inhabitants , focusing on peri-urban areas .
• The unserved population pays up to 10 times the rate for SEDAPAL m3 of water.
• Although SEDAPAL management has improved, larger budget must be allocated to SEDAPAL .
• It is very urgent to start the process to make II to increase water stock M3 300 million more .
• There are over 4,300 AA HH and Housing Associations in Lima and Callao.
• Lima accounts for 34 % of the population of Peru and is ranked 18 most populous cities.
• More 1million and a half people in Lima continues using tankers.
• Lima is the second city built in the desert after Cairo.