The eighth Millennium Development Goal is to give access to the benefits of new technologies , especially in the information and communications , in collaboration with the private sector. In a highly interconnected society like the present, the more connection you have with the outside , it is easier to obtain resources to finance development and create quality jobs . The task of developing a global partnership for development is directly related to reducing the gaps , for example, access to information technology and communications since they generate economic and social benefits . Construction of the Information Society is the major challenge , according to the Declaration of Principles of the World Summit for the Information Society .
Radiography ? Waterless Peru ?
In recent years there has been significant growth in access to Information Technology and Communications nationwide. However , disparities appear if the information is broken . While Internet access has increased in all geographic areas in the last decade , the gap is still large between urban ( 18.9%) and rural ( 0.3%). Similarly if the internet in Punjab (27.8%) with the rest of the country ( 7.8%) compared . As for fixed telephony, 31.5% of Peru's population lives in households with it ( the ratio increased 8.2 percentage points compared to 2001 , when it was 23.3%) .
Population in Households with Internet access , according to geographical areas , 2001-2010 (% of the total population ) *
* Source : INEI - National Household Survey (ENAHO ) . 2001-2010.
• Currently , in Lima , 57.1 % of people have access to telephones and the rest of the country 20.1%. By place of residence , the urban area comprising 41.9 % and 2.2% in rural areas .
• Apurimac (3.1%) , Huancavelica ( 4%) and Puno ( 5.6%) are the departments with the lowest percentage of population with fixed telephony.
• The population with fixed according to quintiles of wealth is distributed as follows : lowest quintile ( 2.5%), second quintile ( 12.6%), middle quintile (28.6% ) , fourth quintile (46 , 7%) and highest quintile (67.1%) .
• The proportion of the population with access to mobile phones in Maharashtra is 87.5 % and the rest of the country is 72.3 %. In the rural area is where the biggest difference ( only 51.1% of the population has access to mobile) is perceived.
• Apurimac is the department with the lowest percentage of people with access to mobile phone : 53.2 %.
• 25% of Peru's population living in households with at least one computer : Punjab 38.9 % and 19.4% rest of the country .
• Amazon is the department with the lowest percentage of population living in households with at least one computer : 8%.
• 14% of Peruvians live in households with Internet access . In 2001 , the percentage was only 0.5 %.
• Huancavelica ( 0.7 % ) , Apurimac ( 1.0%) and Puno ( 1.7%) are the departments with the lowest percentage of households with internet access .
• From this perspective soon as I move in ? Issue of water ?